Tuesday, November 9, 2010

RESPONSE FROM WARNER—MORE DOUBLE_TALK

The following is the letter I received from Senator Warner dealing with my inquiry concerning the delay in the publication of the Department of Education’s report on the Virginia Tech tragedy. I also include the letter from the Department of Education to Senator Warner. Please note the run-around and the lack of response to my specific questions. My initial request was dated August 14, 2010 and was sent certified return receipt mail to Senators Warner and Webb and Congressman Whittman. I asked for information on when the Department of Education’s report on Virginia Tech would be released. I received nothing from Senator Webb and nothing from Congressman Whitman. Today is November 9, 2010. Nearly two months of silence and referrals—all I want to know is when the report will be published.

October 28, 2010

United States Senate

Dear Mr. Cariens,

Enclosed you will find the response from the U..S. Department of Education to my inquiry on your behalf. I hope that the information provided will be helpful and responsive to your specific concerns.

My staff and I stand ready to be of assistance to you in any other matter that is of concern to you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

(Signed)

Mark R. Warner

United States Senator

Now for the Department of Education:

United States Department of Education

Office of Legislative and Congressional Affairs

October 14, 2010

Honorable Mark Warner

United States Senator

Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Warner,

Thank you for your letter on behalf of David S. Cariens, Jr. I appreciate your interest in this matter and have referred your letter to the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools for a direct reply. That office has the expertise to assist your constituent. I am confident they will make every effort to be helpful.

If this office can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact my staff or me.

Sincerely

(Signed)

Gabriella Gomez

Assistant Secretary

Office of Legislation and Congressional Affairs

No comments: