Sunday, April 3, 2016

A STEP FORWARD


Kilmarnock, Virginia has taken a step forward in controlling the reckless use of firearms. I am impressed that the political leaders of a small Virginia town have made this move. Here is the letter I wrote to the local newspaper applauding the action.


Rappahannock Record
Kilmarnock, Virginia

Editor:

Congratulations to the Kilmarnock Town Council for unanimously passing an amended ordinance making the discharge of a gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm a Class 1 misdemeanor.

We can all work together (as you have demonstrated) at the local level to accomplish what is best for our communities. Most of us are well aware the stalemate in Washington has not benefited any of us when it comes to ending the gun violence carnage.

As a victim’s rights advocate, I have seen the devastation families have suffered when common sense is not applied.

We now have a common sense firearms law in Kilmarnock.

Thank you Kilmarnock Town Council. I am sorry I do not live in the town limits so I could vote for all the incumbents running for office.

Sincerely,


     /s/           

No comments: