Friday, February 14, 2020

SLEAZEBAGS IN ACTION


-->

Below is a letter to the editor I wrote. It appeared in approximately half-dozen newspapers in Eastern Virginia.

Editor:

Over the last three years, President Trump has insulted some of our finest Intelligence Agencies, agency directors, and employees with abusive names. One name he uses is “Sleazebag.”

I earned my “Sleazebag” credentials working over 50 years with the CIA and elsewhere in the Intelligence Community, where there were many “Sleazebags” hard at work.

One of those “Sleazebags” was a Cuban-American. Sent to fight terrorists in Central America, he and others were captured and threatened with execution. He convinced his captors the group was sent by Havana. His trick worked.  They were set free. Trump would call him a “Latino-infestation Sleazebag.”

Wonder why we have not had a spate of terrorist attacks while Europe has been hit numerous times? One reason is two young women who were in one of my classes at the FBI. They developed a method of analyzing raw Intelligence that thwarted 12 planned terrorist attacks on the U.S. in an 18-month period. I am honored to have worked with those FBI “Sleazebags.”

Iraqi and Afghan immigrants have been in my classes. These men brought their families here for safety. They repaid the United States by going into battle with our soldiers to interrogate prisoners. What great American “Sleazebags”—they did not let bone spurs prevent them from putting their lives on the line for the U.S.

I have worked with hundreds of Trump’s so-called “Sleazebags” throughout the Intelligence Community, analysts and officers who tirelessly bring child molesters, drug traffickers, embezzlers, thieves, and foreign agents to justice.

I am a “Sleazebag” because I served as part of the Stabilization Force Peace Keeping Mission in Bosnia where Serbs were hunting Americans. Snipers and landmines were part of my daily concern. I am proud of my “Sleazebag” status.




No comments: